November 8, 2017 New Charterholder Luncheon with Sara Brand
Join us in congratulating our new charterholders!
|Topic||The Next Big Opportunity: Women as Investors and Investments|
|Date||Wednesday, November 8, 2017|
|Location||Fleming’s Downtown | 320 E 2nd St Austin, TX 78701|
Sara will share with us some powerful statistics regarding women as investors – with their investing characteristics and the influence they have on the markets from investable assets to everyday purchases. She will also share the opportunity to invest in women as business owners and entrepreneurs – with their leadership characteristics and with the economic blind spot, particularly in her own space of venture capital. Check out her article in Forbes which outlines her investment case, which is built around the premise of women as economic leaders and decision-makers.
Founding General Partner
True Wealth Ventures
Sara has a unique combination of capabilities as a strategic thinker integrated with a proven success record for delivering results. Over her career, she has been fortunate to work with and contribute to some of the top teams in the technology industry and has cultivated a diverse portfolio of leadership experiences including:
• Investing out of $150M venture fund with four other investment professionals at Fremont Ventures in San Francisco, named as one of the top 10 venture capital firms for adding value to portfolio companies
• Working in large tech companies including Intel, Applied Materials and Advanced Micro Devices and directly with 3 Fortune 500 CEOs and their teams in strategic and operational capacities
• Leading business units from $0 to $100M
• Acquiring startups and integrating them into large publicly-traded corporations & leading company mergers and cross-functional dynamics
• Consulting across the semiconductor industry with McKinsey & Co. out of the San Francisco office
• Founding (512) Brewing Company, the largest draught only, self-distributing microbrewery in the United States
Sara is an active member of the entrepreneurial ecosystem to support gender diversity (e.g., founding investor in the Rising Tide Fund, advisor to DivInc, steering committee member of Women@Austin) in the consumer health and sustainable consumer sectors (e.g. advisor to Texas Health Catalyst at Dell Medical School, mentor for CleanTech Open, judge for Food+City) and as an active speaker and writer on the topic.
Sara holds a Ph.D. and M.S. in Green Design and Manufacturing, a minor in Public Health and Energy, and a Management of Technology Certification from UC Berkeley where she currently serves on the Mechanical Engineering Department’s External Advisory Board. Dr. Brand also holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UT Austin where she now serves on the Cockrell School of Engineering’s External Advisory Board and currently acts as Senior Advisor for Health IoT to UT’s new Dell Medical School to foster health technology innovations across industry, academia and community.
Registration is open for new CFA charterholders. New charterholders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Registration is closed for all others.
Wednesday, November 8th
Registration Deadline: Monday, November 6th 10:00am.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact email@example.com by Monday, November 6th at 12:00PM to receive a full refund. No refunds will be allowed after this day.
Participants in this event may be photographed. These photographs may appear without compensation in publications, on the web or in social media, or other printed or electronic materials related to this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your photographs used.