January 10, 2018 Matthew Luzzetti
Join Us For Lunch with Matthew Luzzetti
Presented by CFA Society Austin and CAIA
|Topic||2018 Economic Outlook|
|Date||Wednesday January 10, 2018|
|Time||11:30am – 1:00pm|
2108 Robert Dedman Dr
Austin, TX 78712
|Speaker||Matthew Luzzetti, Senior Economist, Deutsche Bank|
2018 Economic Outlook
US economy: Solid growth to continue
– Growth drivers are broadening: capex and trade adding to consumer spending
– Expectations from a tax cut
Fed: Four rate hikes in 2018
– Inflation is key question. What are the expectations for inflation
– With inflation rising toward target and unemployment falling sharply, the implications for Fed rate hikes
– Turnover within the Fed: Powell as Chair and potential hawkish shift in regional Fed voters
– Faster, more synchronized growth in 2017 and 2018
– Past peak central bank easing: Fed hiking, ECB tapering, hawkish shift by other CBs
Matthew Luzzetti is a Senior Economist in Deutsche Bank’s US Economics team in New York. He was previously an economist in DB’s Office of the Chief Economist in London. Matthew’s research focuses primarily on the US economy and Fed policy, where he regularly contributes to DB’s global economics publications. His research has also appeared in several books on economic policy and in a top macroeconomics journal.
Matthew holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he worked at the U.S. Department of the Treasury in the Office of Financial Research. Prior to graduate school, he spent two years as a research analyst in the macroeconomics department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
Registration SOLD OUT!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Cancellation Policy: Please contact email@example.com by Friday, January 5 at 12:00PM to receive a full refund. No refunds will be allowed after this day.
Participants in this event may be photographed. These photographs may appear without compensation in publications, on the web or in social media, or other printed or electronic materials related to this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your photographs used.